Shreeshakti Shaikshanik Sanstha’s
DIVINE COLLEGE OF PHARMACY, SATANA
DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMISTRY
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry is an integral part of Pharmacy Profession. It is committed for training and educating the students in the field of pharmaceutical chemistry. The Pharmaceutical Chemistry Department is involved in teaching and research activities for undergraduate program (B. Pharm).
The department has excellent state of the art instrumental facilities and expertise faculty in various domain areas of pharmaceutical sciences including analytical research, bio-analytical and phytopharmaceutical and Computer aided drug design studies.
In this department, students will acquire a practical skill on handling sophisticated instruments like HPLC, FT-IR and UV-Visible spectrophotometer.
To deliver quality education with ideas of innovation in Pharmaceutical and Analytical Chemistry and to motivate the students in order to orient them both industrially and in research.
To impart an in-depth knowledge about pharmaceutical and analytical chemistry.
Objectives of the Department:
- To orient students in the field of pharmaceutics.
- To build vision of patient care in budding pharmacists.
- To imbibe the importance of formulations safety and regulation in students.
- To provide the sufficient education to the graduates and postgraduates in the field of chemistry.
- To implement new proceedings in the field of pharmaceutical chemistry.
- To achieve better pharmaceutical care.
Major Equipment’s in Department
- UV-Visible Spectrometer
- Development of novel herbal based formulations.
- Flame Photometer
Strengths of Department
- Centralized instrumentation facility with advanced analytical instruments.
- Collaborations with industries for research in the area of analytical method development and herbal product development.
- Provides advanced instrumentation training to faculty and students for up gradation of their skill-sets and knowledge.
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty.
- Use of innovative teaching methods and ICT tools in teaching and research.
Major Research Areas
- Analytical method development and validation for API / Dosage form.
- Drug design, Molecular modeling and QSAR studies of API (ligands) for the various activities.
- Synthesis, characterization of new chemical entities and their biological evaluation
- Phytochemical, chromatographic and biological evaluation of medicinal plants
- The department of pharmaceutical chemistry is well furnished with the research facility for natural as well as synthetic products.
- The department has spacious laboratories and class rooms and well equipped instruments.
- The department is well equipped with basic amenities and resources for professional need.
- It has a library with rich and thoughtful collection of latest resource books, Journals etc.